Chongyun is one of Genshin Impact’s Cryo elemental characters. With his claymore, Chongyun can pump out some massive damage per second for your party.
While his damage output makes him a decent carry, his elemental abilities also make him a great support hero. If you just got lucky and pulled Chongyun, or looking to build him with some decent gear, you might want to know what’s good to run on him. Here’s the best Chongyun build in Genshin Impact.
Chongyun deals lots of Cryo damage with his elemental skill that turns swords, claymore, and polearm weapon damage from physical to cryo. The ability can be useful in some situations and bad in others, depending on the enemy’s resistance and your party composition.
Best Chongyun Build in Genshin Impact
Here’s the weapons, artifacts, stats, and sub-stats to focus on with Chongyun:
- Weapon: Prototype Aminus, Serpent Spine, Wolf’s Gravestone
- Stats: ATK%, Cryo Bonus, Elemental Mastery
- Artifacts: Berserker, Instructor, Gladiator
For the budget players out there, you can start with something like Debate Club. It’s easily obtainable from gacha and grants base ATK and ATK%. The Blunt Conclusion ability deals an extra 75% ATK DMG on standard or charged hits in a small area after using elemental skills. The effect lasts fifteen seconds and can only occur once every three seconds. For a three-star weapon, this is a great cheap alternative to these following weapons.
Another decent weapon for Chongyun is the craftable Prototype Aminus, which has ATK% and ATK as the base stats. The Crush ability grants a 50% chance to deal an additional 300% ATK damage as AoE in a small area on a regular or charged hit once every fifteen seconds.
Another good option is the Battle Pass claymore Serpent Spine. It’s an easy weapon to obtain if you have the BP and grants CRIT Rate and ATK as base stats. The Wavesplitter ability increases damage done and taken by 6% and 3%, respectively, every four seconds the wielder is on the battlefield. The ability stacks up to five times and reduces by one every time the character takes damage.
As with any Claymore user, Wolf’s Gravestone is another excellent option. Base stats on this claymore are ATK and ATK%, with the Wolfish Tracker ability that increases ATK by 25%. It also boosts all party members’ ATK by 50% for twelve seconds when hitting enemies with less than 30% HP.
Elemental Mastery is a nice stat to have on Chongyun, as you will be doing lots of Cryo-based damage. The Elemental Skill lasts for a while, so the benefit of running Elemental Mastery as a minor stat is excellent. The stats you want to focus on are ATK% on all Artifacts and Cryo damage on the Goblet. Chongyun’s abilities scale based on ATK, and that’s why you should focus on that as your main stat.
Here are the Artifacts we recommend running on Chongyun:
- Berserker: found after Adventure Rank 20 from Bosses
- Two-piece: CRIT Rate +12%
- Four-piece: When HP is below 70%, CRIT Rate increases by 24%
- Instructor: found after Adventure Rank 20 from Bosses
- Two-piece: Increases Elemental Mastery by 80
- Four-piece: After using Elemental Skill, it increases party members’ Elemental Mastery by 120 for eight seconds.
- Gladiator: found after Adventure Rank 30 from Bosses
- Two-piece: ATK +18%
- Four-piece: If the wielder of the set uses a Sword, Claymore, Polearm, it increases the regular ATK damage by 35%.
- Ice Unleashed: Chongyun’s last attack in a normal combo releases three ice blades, each dealing 50% of Chongyun’s ATK as Cryo.
- Atmospheric Revolution: Elemental Skills and Bursts cast within Spirit Blade’s Frost Field have their cooldown time decreased by 15%.
- Cloudburst: Increases the level of Spirit Blade Cloud-parting Star by three.
- Frozen Skies: Chongyun regenerates one energy every time he hits an enemy affected by Cold or Frozen statuses, once every two seconds.
- The True Path: Increases the level of Spirit Blade Chongyun’s Layered Frost by three.
- Rally of Four Blades: Spirit Blade Cloud-parting Star deals 15% more damage to enemies with a lower percentage of their Max HP remaining than Chongyun. The skill also summons one extra spirit blade.