League of Legends Patch 10.20: Patch Notes Official29.09.2020
The League of Legends 10.20 patch notes have landed is here and we’ve got all the balance changes, updates, and more for LoL fans to dig through ahead of the new September 30 update.
This time around, Samira could be in the firing line all over against after a patch 10.19 hotfix, and Riot is beginning to work on overpowered pro picks now that Worlds 2020 has begun.
Looking more down the future, there’s going to be an overhaul to the item system that players will have to keep an eye out, but that’s not gonna happen until Preseason 2021.
Though a new era of League fast-approaching, here’s all the details on this week’s League of Legends Patch 10.20.
Samira could be hit with more nerfs after 10.20
New League of Legends champion Samira came out of the blocks a little bit overpowered, to say the least. Riot was forced to cowl her power somewhat in a hasty 10.19 hotfix targeting her base health, and her “Inferno Trigger” ultimate.
“We’re still very committed to releasing new champions long-term balanced. Sometimes we get lucky and nail on launch, but most of the time it’s about fast follow-up,” Yetter explained.
“Based on estimates, Samira looked too strong on day one, so we acted fast.”
Samira could be whacked with another set of nerfs in the future, though she’s gone untouched in the League 10.20 patch.
Ryze, Aatrox, Varus lead patch 10.20 buffs
With the 2020 World Championship kicking off last weekend, the pro scene is now locked into playing on patch 10.19 for the foreseeable future. That means Riot can make a few bigger tweaks to champions that often see competitive play.
That includes Ryze, Aatrox, and Varus, all of whom have been terrors in pro play.
Ryze has had his Q damage boosted, while Aatrox now boasts 20% more healing amp. Varus gets more E damage, and a stronger R cooldown.
Sion & Urgot get jungle-focused buffs
Top lane juggernauts Sion and Urgot will also be getting interesting tweaks this patch — the bulky duo will both have some power handed to their jungle off-roles.
Sion’s buff is very specific to his jungle possibilities; the Undead Juggernaut now deals 150% to monsters with his Q, instead of simply 100% damage as in previous LoL patches.
Urgot also has monster-specific changes. He will now deal 100 damage at a cap to camps, up from 60. His passive damage remains 360 at the highest levels. The Headsman’s Pride will also dish out extra damage to monsters with his W too.
LoL Patch 10.20 debuts Dragonmancer skins
The newest League of Legends skin line, Dragonmancer, will be released in patch 10.20 on September 30. Lee Sin, Sett, Brand, Ashe, and forgotten dragon Aurelion Sol are all getting new skins as part of the latest 2020 skin release.
Sett will get a Prestige version of his Dragonmancer skin in the next patch. The upgrade will be available in the Worlds 2020 in-game event shop for 2,000 tokens, so you’ll need to grind out some games to get him.
Illaoi and Braum will also be getting minor buffs in League patch 10.20. They will be the last of the champions getting bonuses in the new September 30 update.
Headed the other way are a bundle of champions, including solo queue power pick Katarina, and strong characters Lulu, Nunu, and jungle Karthus. They will be joined by Kassadin, Kled, and Maokai in the dropped balance in patch 10.20.
Here’s the full League of Legends patch 10.20 notes, courtesy of Riot Games.
League of Legends Patch 10.20 patch notes
R – World Ender
- ➤Self-healing: 50/60/70% ⇒ 50/75/100%
Q – Winter’s Bite
- ➤Base Damage: 60/110/160/210/260 ⇒ 75/125/175/225/275
- ➤Cost: 55/60/65/70/75 mana ⇒ 45/50/55/60/65 mana
Passive – Prophet of an Elder God
- ➤Tentacle Spawn Cooldown: 20-12 seconds (scales every 2 levels) ⇒ 20-7.25 seconds (scales every level)
- ➤Armor: 20.88 ⇒ 18
Q – Null Sphere
- ➤Shield: 60/85/110/135/160 ⇒ 40/70/100/130/160
Passive – Voracity
- ➤Dagger Retrieval Damage Ratio: 1.0 bonus attack damage ⇒ 0.75 bonus attack damage
- ➤Magic Resistance: 32.1 ⇒ 28
W – Whimsy
- ➤Bonus Attack Speed: 25/30/35/40/45% ⇒ 20/23.75/27.5/31.25/35%
Q – Bramble Smash
- ➤Base Damage: 70/115/160/205/250 ⇒ 70/110/150/190/230
- ➤Armor: 32 ⇒ 29
Q – Overload
- ➤Base Damage: 65/90/115/140/165 ⇒ 75/100/125/150/175
Q – Decimating Smash
- ➤Damage Ratio to Monsters: 1.0 attack damage ⇒ 1.5 attack damage
Passive – Echoing Flames
- ➤Damage to Monsters: 60-360 ⇒ 100-360
W – Purge
- ➤Modified Damage: 50 to minions ⇒ 50 to minions and monsters
E – Hail of Arrows
- ➤Base Damage: 50/90/130/170/210 ⇒ 60/100/140/180/220
R – Chain of Corruption
- ➤Cooldown: 130/100/70 seconds ⇒ 120/90/60 seconds
Relentless Hunter (Domination)
- ➤Out-of-Combat Movement Bonus: 10 movement speed (+9 movement speed per Bounty Hunter stack) (up to 55 at 5 stacks) ⇒ 5 movement speed (+8 movement speed per Bounty Hunter stack) (up to 45 at 5 stacks)