Sky is a game centred around beautiful simplicity, but underneath it conceals a surprising number of layers. So we decided to create a Sky: Children of the Light guide to help answer all of your burning in-game questions. Whether it’s covering how to get candles and hearts, which cosmetics are available from which spirits, or even the new events, such as the Season of Sanctuary, and the Sky anniversary celebrations, we’ve got you covered.
Our Sky: Children of the Light guide is an extremely useful tool to be able to refer back to, with important information surrounding every aspect of the game. The guide can also help you relax while playing, without having to worry about finding all the details for yourself. And in the end that’s what Sky is really all about!
So kick back with our Sky: Children of the Light guide and get all the details on how to play Sky, how to get its many currencies, and most of all, how to get the most out of playing this wonderful social game.
EVERYTHING IN OUR SKY: CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT GUIDE:
The Season of Prophecy has just launched, bringing with it plenty of new content to Sky. Thatgamecompany has also released a trailer showing off some of what we can expect to find, including a new drum instrument, and what looks like a dragon mask. There are also new areas to explore, including what looks like a desert cave system, an icy island-hopping area, and a floating block-based puzzle space that looks a little Monument Valley-esque. If you want to see the trailer for yourself, you can find it below:
Как начать сезон пророчеств?
Чтобы начать новый контент, вам нужно отправиться в первую область: Остров Рассвета. Каждый игрок, входящий в игру, теперь получит небольшую кат-сцену и увидит духа в маске оленя, направляющегося в область. Оказавшись на Острове Рассвета, пройдите мимо точки обзора в центре карты, и вы увидите разделение облаков на уровне земли, справа от того места, где вы обычно выходите. Идите к нему, и вы найдете вход в Пророчество. Однако учтите, что вам нужно найти двух духов в регионе острова Рассвет, чтобы пройти через силовое поле.
Фестиваль « Дни летних огней » начался! Вот все, что вам нужно знать:
- ➤В домашнем хабе вы должны теперь увидеть кучу бумажных кораблей с сообщениями.
- ➤Заклинания теперь доступны для покупки у продавца лодки, в том числе заклинания перезарядки, фейерверк, изменение размера и …
- ➤Бумажные кораблики и фонарики! Лодки можно использовать для отправки сообщений, а заклинание фонарь можно использовать для получения предмета-фонарика на некоторое время, что позволит вам осветить прожектор.
- ➤ Каждые пять дней можно получить бесплатный набор из 2 фонарей и 3 бумажных корабликов.
- ➤Если вы хотите оставить фонарь на постоянное хранение, его можно приобрести за один раз.
- ➤ Акция завершится 20 сентября.
Вот несколько фонарей в игре:
Sometimes playing with PC is more comfortable. so here’s how you get Sky: Children of the Light on windows:
- ➤Download Bluestacks on your PC
- ➤Once it downloads, press install
- ➤Sign in to your Google Play account
- ➤Search for Sky: Children of the Light
- ➤Click to install it
It’s helpful to have a comprehensive catalogue of Sky info, so here’s where to find the Sky: Children of the Light wiki:
- ➤The Sky: Children of the Light wiki provides tonnes of helpful tips, and info about previous seasons
We love Sky. But if you look at Sky on metacritic, you can see that it’s average score is 81/100, which is pretty favourable.
Here’s how to download Sky: Children of the Light:
- ➤Head to the Sky: Children of the Light Google Play page if you’re Android, or the App Store if you’re iOS
- ➤Press ‘install’ to download on Google Play, or ‘get’ on the App Store
- ➤Press open to start playing!
APKs are useful for updating manually, so here’s how to get the Sky: Children of the Light APK:
- ➤Find an APK site that you can trust for downloads – we used APK Pure for this example
- ➤Go to the Sky: Children of the Light page on the APK site
- ➤Press to download the Sky: Children of the Light APK
- ➤Find it on your device and manually install
- ➤When it’s installed you can start playing!
It’s quite hard to work out the Sky: Children of the Light story, but it centres around spirits. In Sky, you are a child of light, exploring different realms and bearing a candle to fight back the darkness. It’s easy to see Sky is heavily inspired by the Shinto-esque ideas of Studio Ghibli, with light representing purity, and darkness representing corruption and decay.
Ghosties are a big part of this game, so here’s how to interact with Sky: Children of the Light Spirits:
- ➤You can find spirits throughout Sky, with a certain number in each realm. If you follow their trail, they give you an expression
- ➤Spirits also grant cosmetics for a price – usually what they have on them – including masks, hairstyles, pants, capes, music sheets, or instruments
- ➤You can purchase these with hearts and candles
- ➤Some spirits are locked behind barriers which require upgrades, or two players to open
- ➤Spirit shops can be accessed in various places – Temple at the end of the realm, Spirit’s Stone in social area, and the Constellation Chart in your home space
Sky may seem like a simple game, but it’s actually surprisingly complex, so here’s how to play Sky: Children of the Light:
- ➤Flying: apart from running, this is how you traverse the environment. Jumping or boosting during flight requires a charge of Winged Light. You can recharge Winged Light by banking off clouds, flying through glowing butterflies, being near to flame, or interacting with others. You can upgrade your charges by finding Children of Light – glowing golden kids, hard to miss!
- ➤Realms: Sky is a game about travel, and each realm features a variety of challenges necessary to traverse it. These may involve collection, flight, or being sneaky, but Sky is all about the journey
- ➤Spirits: these ghosts are how you gain access to cosmetics, potions, and expressions. Unlock them by following their path, then gain hearts and candles to buy what you want
Candles are an important currency in Sky, so here’s how to use the four different Sky: Children of the Light candles:
- ➤White Candles: you can purchase a variety of things with these, and collect them by burning Darkness Plants, purchasing them, or by completing quests
- ➤Red Candles: light these candles to collect wax to make white candles. Treasure Candles are bunches of Red Candles that grant lots of wax, and four of them pop up in a different realm each day
- ➤Ascended Candles: these are a reward for completing the last realm, and used to purchase Wing Buffs, which also unlocks previously inaccessible cosmetics
- ➤Seasonal Candles: earn these through daily quests and seasonal events. You can use them to purchase season-specific items
Hearts are also an important currency, so here’s how to get the two different Sky: Children of the Light hearts:
- ➤Hearts: these are a standard currency that other players can give as gifts. You can also collect Gifts of Light friends have given you to get them, purchase them at Spirit Stores, or by earn them by getting ten likes on one of your Spirit Shrine messages
- ➤Seasonal Hearts: Adventure Pass holders are the only ones who can access this rare currency during seasonal events. You need to collect all six to purchase the season’s ultimate gift. Past examples are a Bio-luminescent Umbrella, and a Deer Mask
Hotfix 0.10.3 has just gone live for Sky: Children of the Light, and brings some quality of life changes to the game:
- ➤Players should no longer crash when trying to take screenshots
- ➤Winged Light statues in Eye of Eden should no longer cause crashes
- ➤Reduced memory usage, resulting in fewer crashes on lower end devices
- ➤Final Treasure Hunt (Bell) quest date moved to September 8th (was August 17th)
And that’s all the tips we have! If you’d like to play the game, you can find the store links for Sky: Children of the Light further up in our ‘download’ section. We hope you have fun!