TFT Patch 10.20 is here, and so are the first major balance changes for TFT Fates. Riot have targeted two traits in particular for nerfs, while a handful of underpowered units will be getting a leg-up. Here’s everything you need to know.
Fates has now been on live servers for two weeks, and Riot are pretty pleased with where it has landed so far.
“We’re very happy with the state of balance so far, with what’s arguably the most varied meta on release we’ve seen for TFT so far,” League design director Meddler said on September 25.
However, they are keeping their eye on the power balance keenly. One slip and it could descend into madness. That’s why Riot are treading around TFT Patch 10.20 carefully, with needed but measured changes to Dusk, Spirit, Moonlight, and more.
Dusk & Spirit targeted as two traits dominate meta
The TFT Fates meta has been pretty open thanks to the Chosen mechanic. However, there’ve been two traits pulling ahead of the rest — Dusk and Spirit. The spell power and attack speed buffing traits have given defensive units a lot of offensive power.
Riot are toning that back a bit. For Dusk, the TFT devs are nerfing its spell power bonuses at six units, to make it less powerful late. Riven, as one of the strongest champions in the set, is also losing some of her shielding and damage at three-star. This will stop Dusk from being an automatic win condition with enough of a high roll.
As for Spirit, Riot are toning down its attack speed at four units. This should hopefully decrease the power of certain sharpshooter comps that have risen up with Spirit. It’ll also be a huge nerf to Ahri’s ability to stack her board wipe.
Cultist is also getting a slight nerf, but only at lower levels. The 3-unit Galio will have slightly less HP and AD, making it less of a threat in the early game, and less of a splashable trait late.
Moonlight buffed early with changes to Aphelios, Diana, Lissandra
Moonlight is meant to be a composition built around one four-star hypercarry. However, despite its incredible power at full build, it falls off very hard early.
Riot are solving this problem by buffing individual Moonlight units early. Aphelios, Diana, and Lissandra are all getting buffs to their one and two-star forms. Aphelios will get extra turret duration, Diana more orbs, and Lissandra more spell damage.
The TFT devs don’t just have their eyes on Moonlight though. Fortune, Keeper, and Mage are also in line for buffs in the first big Fates update. Nami, Vayne, Annie, Hecarim, Jax, Xin Zhao, Yuumi, Shen, Lee Sin, and Yone are also getting a leg-up.
On the flipside, Veigar and Sett are sliding down the nerf column. Sett has been one of the most potent five-cost units in the game, but he will have a sharp increase on his ability mana cost added, reducing the amount of slams he can do in a round.
You can find the full patch notes for TFT Patch 10.20 below, courtesy of Riot Games.
TFT Patch 10.20 patch notes
- ➤Number of orbs: 3/4/6/10 ⇒ 4/5/6/10
- ➤1000 Daggers damage: 300/400/600/900 ⇒ 350/450/600/900
- ➤1000 Daggers Secondary Damage: 150/200/300/450 ⇒ 175/225/300/450
- ➤Aqua Prison Stun Duration: 2/2.5/3 ⇒ 2.5/3/4 seconds
- ➤Attack Speed: 0.8 ⇒ 0.9
- ➤Burst Shield Damage: 200/300/450 ⇒ 250/350/450
- ➤Burst Shield: 400/600/900 ⇒ 500/700/900
- ➤Turret Duration: 6/7/9/11 ⇒ 7/8/9/11
- ➤Spirit of Life Healing: 250/350/500 ⇒ 250/400/600
- ➤Attack Speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.75
- ➤Starting/Total Mana: 50/125 ⇒ 50/100
- ➤Spell is now an actual spell instead of auto-attack override.
- ➤Now targets lowest current health instead of lowest percent health.
- ➤Dark Blossom Spell Power gain on kill: 1/2/5 ⇒ 1/2/4
- ➤Dark Blossom Damage: 500/650/1150 ⇒ 500/650/1000
- ➤Total Mana: 50 ⇒ 30
- ➤Spell now goes through the Basic Attack system
- ➤Counts as single attack for Statikk Shiv and Rageblade
- ➤Healing comes from Bloodthirster, not Hextech Gunblade
- ➤Zoomies Healing: 30/45/60% ⇒ 30/45/75%
- ➤Zoomies Attack Speed: 30/40/50% ⇒ 30/40/60%
- ➤Sweeping Strikes Shield: 175/250/1000 ⇒ 175/250/750
- ➤Sweeping Strikes Damage: 180/250/1000 ⇒ 175/250/750
- ➤Sweeping Strikes Wave Damage: 300/450/2000 ⇒ 300/450/1500
- ➤Armor: 50 ⇒ 60
- ➤Starting/Total Mana: 60/125 ⇒ 50/100
- ➤Shadow Dash Shield and Taunt duration: 4/4/4 ⇒ 4/4/8 seconds
- ➤Total Mana: 50 ⇒ 40
- ➤Starting/Total Mana: 50/125 ⇒ 70/175
- ➤Total Mana: 100 ⇒ 80
- ➤Can no longer ult himself (can ult other Zileans)
- ➤Tyrant Galio: Attack Damage: 150 ⇒ 125
- ➤Tyrant Galio: Health: 1800 ⇒ 1600
- ➤Team Spell Power: 20/20/50 ⇒ 20/20/40
- ➤Spell Power: 0/50/75 ⇒ 0/50/70
- ➤Shield: 175/250/325 ⇒ 175/250/400
- ➤Spell Power: 70/110/180% ⇒ 80/110/180%
- ➤Attack Speed: 35%/90% ⇒ 35%/80%
- ➤Increased the approximate gold value of 3 unit Fortune at all levels, and removed “All Gold” drops at higher levels of losses.
- ➤Spatulas can drop from 5 losses on.
- ➤6 unit loot table average value increased from 9.25 gold to 10.25 gold.
- ➤Added very rare “Jackpot”
- ➤0 Losses: 2g ⇒ 3g
- ➤1 Loss: 4.5g ⇒ 6.5g
- ➤2 Losses: 8g ⇒ 11.5g
- ➤3 Losses: 13g ⇒ 17g
- ➤4 Losses: 18.5g ⇒ 24g
- ➤5 Losses: 23.5g ⇒ 31g
- ➤6 Losses: 29g ⇒ 38g
- ➤7 Losses: 35g ⇒ 45g
- ➤8 Losses: 41.5g ⇒ 55g
- ➤9 Losses: 55g ⇒ 70g
- ➤Damage: 180 ⇒ 200
- ➤Damage: 80 ⇒ 85
- ➤Bonus Damage: 80 ⇒ 85
- ➤Burn damage cadence: 1 second ⇒ 2 seconds
- ➤The Combat Recap panel has new capabilities: it will now display total damage blocked, shields, and healing for your team.
- ➤Removed the extra 5 seconds of planning per round for the start of each Set.
- ➤Champion probability by Tier at level 8: 14/20/35/25/6% ⇒ 14/25/35/20/6%
- ➤Aphelios’ turrets will now die exactly when he dies instead of lingering for up to .24 seconds.
- ➤Sett will no longer casually walk back onto the stage only to disappear when knocked out by Lee Sin.
- ➤Yone can now properly cast Unforgiven while Disarmed.
- ➤Thresh, Warwick, and XinZhao’s clickboxes have been extended vertically to better represent the size of the units.
- ➤Nami’s CC can no longer be overridden by other knock-up effects (like Lulu).
- ➤Vi can now cast her spell at long range when equipped with a Rapid Firecannon.
- ➤Azir’s Soldiers no longer have 5.00 Attack Speed which could cause units to target them with their spells
- ➤Lee Sin will no longer knockout units who are immune to C