Information regarding the Genshin Impact major update 1.1 coming soon.
Genshin Impact has taken the world by storm, and for very good reasons too! The open-world Action RPG not only offers a massive lush world, heavily inspired by Zelda: Breath of the Wild, but it offers a unique combat system to boot. If you’ve sunk your teeth into the game, you’ll soon realize how massive that Genshin Impact is, and if you’ve played the game non-stop since launch, there might be a slim chance you’ve done a lot that Genshin Impact offers. However, with rumors of major game update 1.1 coming soon, they’ll be plenty more to dive into.
For the most part, these are unofficial patch notes! We’ve compiled all of the known and leaked information from a variety of sources. As of right now, we’re pretty confident that the majority of it is true, but somethings might be changed by the time the update is released.
1.1 Update Release Date
It seems from an official post from MiHoYo that the production team is trying to organize a consistent update schedule, so all updates are scheduled to be 6 weeks apart, and any major updates will be on Wednesday from now on. The current release date for Genshin Impact’s 1.1 update is November 11th, 2020.
Here’s a look at how all of the future updates will be scheduled currently:
- Version Update 1.1 – Scheduled for November 11, during this time, a “Never Returning Star Extinguishment” activity/event will be activated.
- Version Update 1.2 – Scheduled for December 23, a new area, the Longji Snow Mountain, will be opened up, and related activities will follow.
- Version Update 1.3 – Scheduled for February. No date, but every 6 weeks will be February 3rd, 2021. This update will kick off the Festival of the Lights set of quests.
Sadly, it’s unlikely that the new region, Inazuma, will appear in update 1.1, but more areas of the Liyue region will likely open up for gamers to explore.
New Feature: Wings of Azure Wind
A new leveling feature is coming to the game soon, where your reputation level increases, items, and rewards are unlocked. It’s region-specific. Only Mondstadt seems available at this present time.
New Event: The Unreturned Star
This event will come with Update 1.1, and it will have an event shop available. This is a Gliding Challenge Event, and that’s all that is known for now. Fischl will be given out for free, along with some upgrade materials and a Talent Lvl 10 material. And best of all, this event leads to a multiplayer raid-like Domain, could this lead to a new World Boss rumored to be called the Dragon Wolf?
New swords and items will be released, and we have information on one of the new Swords available.
The Chinese translation called this sword The Sword of No Work, it has a 46 Attack, 10.8% increased attack damage, and the passive is:
Increases Shield Strength by 20% and increases attack damage by 4% upon hit, can be stacked 5 times.
There is a second event, but no details are known as of yet.
Four New Characters
Four new characters coming to Genshin Impact have been leaked, but as always, take all of this with a pinch of salt, as we currently don’t have a source for this information. Nevertheless, the community has been saying that miHoYo has a habit of leaking their own patch information to build up hype for upcoming content.
Zhongli (5 Star – Polearm – Geo)
First off is Zhongli, a 5 Star Geo element user, who uses a polearm as a weapon. He is also one of the few male characters that are in the game! If you’ve been following the main story quests and have gotten to Adventure Rank 29, then you might recognize him as he is in the game!
Zhongli was part of the beta, but he wasn’t voice acted at that time, he’s now finally got a voice, so save up those wishes if you want him in your party!
Zhongli causes a pressed form of rock to appear, causing Geo AoE (Area of Effect) damage, which resonates with other Geo users rocks. By holding, Zhongli can detonate the rock and create a shield based on his max HP.
Summons a huge rock to fall, causing huge AoE Geo damage to all enemies in range. As well as causing petrify. Petrified enemies can’t move and take 20% more damage from physical and Geo attacks.
- When the shield takes damage, the shielding effect gets stronger by 5%. Can stack by 5.
- Elemental Burst deals extra damage depending on Zhongli’s max HP
- When crafting spear weapons, 15% of used ore material returns.
Childe (5 Star – Bow – Hydro)
Next up is the 5 Star Water element user named Childe, and like John Lee, is another male character coming to the roster. However, Childe is a strange one because, in the pics that have been leaked, he is wielding a spear, but when encountered in the story he has dual daggers and is seen using a bow.
Childe changes into a Bow Stance and shoots a Hydro arrow that causes AoE damage, inflicts a cut-off effect on enemies. After use, some of the energy used returns to him.
Childe changes into a Melee Stance, and causes an AoE Hydro slash, inflicts a cut-off effect on enemies, and activates the melee passive effect. Passive – When the Elemental Burst hits enemies inflicted by the cut-off effect, it consumes the status dealing extra Hydro AoE damage.
- Extends cut-off status duration by 8 seconds
- In Melee stance, if normal and charged attacks hit with a critical strike it will inflict cut-off status
- Whole Team normal attack Talent is increased by 1 level.
Xinyan (4 Star – Greatsword – Pyro)
Bring on Xinyan! Xinyan is a 4 Star Pyro user, but she’s not yet in the game as an NPC (Non-Player Character), yet she is mentioned; thank you for the YouTube comments section for this one! She is mentioned as being a well-known performer in the region of Liyue, where during the climax of her show, she uses pyrotechnics. Due to this, she was banned by the Liyue authorities to ensure their people’s safety.
Xin causes an instrument AoE pyro attack, and depending on the number of enemies that are hit with it, it creates a shield to form around Xin. If 1 enemy is hit, a level 1 shield is formed, 2 enemies a level 2, and 3 enemies a level 3 shield. When a level 3 shield is formed, it grants a 250% Pyro Absorption.
Guitar Shockwave Knockback Concert Effect – Causes Pyro damage in a massive AoE attack
- Reduces the number needed to hit with the skill to create a higher level shield.
- Characters under Xin’s shield will deal 15% more damage
- Xin has a 12% chance to obtain double the product when a perfect DEF-boosting dish is cooked
Dionna (4 Star – Bow – Cryo)
Lastly is Dionna, the 4 Star Cryo user, who may or may not be a cat person! Like Xinyan, she is not in the game currently but is mentioned, thanks to the YouTube comments section for this one too! In the city of Mondstadt, there are fliers all over the city that mentioned Dionna as a bartender in a place called The Cats Tail.
Elemental Skill – The Strongest Tune
Causes a Cryo gas field to appear, causing Cryo damage to enemies within it, but heals character as well.
There’s not a whole lot of information on Dionna at the moment, but we will add more as soon as it is available!
Many of the details about these characters were shared via the following video. If you want to see a bit of how they were found, be sure to check it out!
1.1 Patch Notes
Very much like the leaked characters, take this with a pinch of salt, as it’s unconfirmed. Apparently, this information is from a public test round and was posted onto Reddit in Chinese. Of course, the community has translated it, so a heartwarming thanks to an awesome community!
- Daily Original Resin Claim – This one is very much needed, as the high tier rewards are locked behind Original Resin, and having a limited supply, of course, limits your playtime!
- Friend Online Notifications and Private Messaging – This is most likely true, as there is already a mail option in the game. At the moment, it’s only used for receiving emails from miHoYo, but could easily be extended for private messaging.
- Android 60fps and Ultra Graphics Setting for PC – 60fps is always a nice option to have no matter which platform you are using, and the ultra graphics setting for PC might imply that an fps uncap is on its way.
- New Main Story Quest after Adventure Rank 30 – For those of you who played the beta and have been waiting for more story content, you will be overjoyed to hear that it’s potentially coming. There are quests after Adventure Rank 30, but nothing Main Story related.
- New Event Rewards – Wing-Glider, Mora, Gems – More events are always welcome, as there is nothing better than randomly finding them exploring Teyvat. We already know you can change the skin on the Wing-Glider, so are more skins incoming?
- New Character Zhongli – Images have been leaked, and the game has been datamined to confirm this.
- New World Area and City “Inazuma” – If the rumors are to be true about this area, then the Inazuma region is going to be the same size as the Liyue region, which is gigantic!
- New Event Reward Character to Claim at Adventure Rank 42 – This character is called Ayaka, thanks to Moon in the comments section for the update! Though if Barbara, whom you get at AR 20, is anything to go by, this isn’t out of the question. However, all main questlines in Liyue City have to be completed before the character is unlocked.
- Bug Fixes – The main bug fix is for the Main Character or Travelers Geo Skill.
- Texture Error Fixes
And that’s the entire patch notes coming to 1.1. As said above, take it all with a pinch of salt, but if it’s all true, the Genshin Impact content is going to be huge!