Genshin Impact – Best Beidou Build28.10.2020
Beidou is a character you may have already encountered in her ship, off the eastern coast of Teyvat. You also may have already been lucky enough to get her from a banner.
If that’s the case, you will want to know how to make the most out of this high DPS character. She’s an enjoyable character to use, and quickly becoming a staple in many players’ team compositions. Here’s the best Beidou build in Genshin Impact.
Before hopping into it, we want to give a brief explanation as to how Beidou’s E ability works. You can tap E to attack in front of you and do Electro damage, or you can hold E to put up a shield to absorb hits and release a powerful counter. The shield caps at two stacks, so your shield is at maximum damage when you take two hits. You can tell if you got a perfect counter from the animation. You’ll see a big electro field after a perfect counter. Here’s the breakdown:
- No hits blocked: 200% damage
- One hit blocked: 400% damage
- Two hits blocked: 800% damage
Best Beidou Build in Genshin Impact
Here’s the best stats, weapons, and artifacts to use on your Beidou build:
- Stats: ATK%, CRIT%, CRIT DMG, ATK
- Weapons: Wolf’s Gravestone, Debate Club
- Artifacts: Martial Artist, Gladiator’s Finale, Thundering Fury
Beidou’s stat build follows the traditional DPS, meaning you should focus on raw damage in the form of ATK% and CRIT%. She deals Electro damage, meaning you could also use some plus Electro damage artifacts, but we’ll cover that in the artifacts section. For your third and fourth stat rolls, focus on CRIT DMG and ATK to further boost your DPS. These are the four main stats. All of Beidou’s move scale with ATK, except for her shield, which scales with HP. We would not recommend sacrificing ATK for HP, though.
Your weapon choice depends on what you have available. An easy weapon to get is Debate Club, a three-star claymore. You can get this to max refinement quickly just by playing the game. A small upgrade would be Prototype Aminus, but we wouldn’t recommend it until you get it to refinement rank two, at least.
Your best-in-slot weapon for Beaidou is likely Wolf’s Gravestone. The passive increases ATK by 25%. Additionally, attacks against enemies with less than 30$ HP increase ALL party members’ ATK by 50% for twelve seconds, once every thirty seconds.
In terms of Artifact sets, we recommend going for the Martial Artist set. The two-piece increases Normal Attack and Charged Attack DMG by 15%. The four-piece bonus increases normal and charged ATK DMG by 25% for eight seconds after using an Elemental Skill. Other than Martial Artist, you can experiment with Gladiator’s Finale, which is also a powerful option. It comes down to whichever items you can get the best rolls, including ATK%, CRIT%, CRIT DMG, and ATK. You can pick these sets up from the Hidden Palace of Zhou Artifact Domain.
To maximize your damage, you may want to try to acquire a Thundering Fury set as well. The two-piece gives a 15% increase to Electro DMG, while the four-piece increases the damage caused by Overload, Electro-Charge, and Superconduct by 40%. Triggering effects also decreases Elemental Skill CD by one second every 0.8 seconds, allowing you to spam her shield more often.
- Sea Beast’s Scourge: When you use Stormbreaker, it creates a shield that absorbs up to 16% of Beidou’s Max HP for 15 seconds. This shield absorbs Electro DMG 250% more effectively.
- Upon the Turbulent Sea, the Thunder Arises: Stormbreaker’s arc lightning can jump to two additional targets.
- Summoner of Storm: Increase the level of Tidecaller by three.
- Stunning Revenge: Within ten seconds of taking damage, Beidou’s normal attacks gain 20% additional Electro DMG.
- Crimson Tidewalker: Increases the level of Stormbreaker by three.
- Bane of Evil: During Stormbreaker’s duration, the Electro Resistance of surrounding enemies is decreased by 15%.