A new patch is available for Marvel’s Avengers on consoles.
Crystal Dynamics has released an update for Marvel’s Avengers which fixes a number of playthrough stoppers, and makes some backup save UI improvements.
You can also expect load time optimizations, and campaign mission reward outfits will no longer disappear from Cosmetics Inventory UI
For Xbox One specifically, the patch makes it so Achievements should now unlock and increment properly.
There’s more to patch V1.2.5, so we’ve popped the notes below.
The patch is already available for PS4 and will be released later today on Xbox One.
V1.3.0, the next patch, will be the largest yet and will resolve bad states for bugs fixed in 1.2.5, as well as address hundreds of smaller quality of life issues. The development team is “vigorously testing” V1.3.0. to ensure it is ready for deployment and the devs will provide an update when there is a timeline to share.
Marvel’s Avengers patch notes September 9
Patch fixes for V1.2.4 have been combined with V1.2.5 -the below patch notes account for both updates. Patch V1.2.5 resolves a number of playthroughs stoppers.
- Resolved an infrequent bug where players are unable to progress with the campaign due to an infinite loading screen.
- This patch does not resolve the fix for those who have already encountered it – bad save states will be resolved in V1.3.0.
- Addressed majority of instances of a partially loaded Helicarrier which resulted in characters infinitely falling out of the world when trying to access the Avengers Initiative.
- There are rare instances where this could happen still, but the patch ensures that loading back into the main menu and then returning to the Avengers Initiative will resolve it. We are still working to eliminate this bug entirely.
- Campaign Mission reward outfits will no longer disappear from Cosmetics Inventory UI. This presented as costumes that were previously unlocked through campaign progress – such as the Stark Tech outfits – reverting to a locked state.
- Prevented this from happening in V1.2.5, but the patch does not return outfits for those who have already encountered it – bad save states will be resolved In V1.3.0.
- Marketplace and Challenge Card outfits will be restored and no longer become re-locked in the Cosmetics Inventory UI. This presented as costumes that were previously unlocked through online play – such as Hero Challenge Card rewards, pattern drops, and faction vendors – reverting to a locked state
- Updated Community Challenge UI that now reflects current community progress.
- Backup Save UI improvements
- Load time optimizations
- Xbox Only: Achievements should now unlock and increment properly. We are still investigating if all Achievements will be granted retroactively – our current theory is that story-based will, but challenge-based will not.